Updated August 31, 2010
Precision Polling is a self-service website for conducting phone surveys. Your privacy is very important to us. We are committed to protecting the privacy of those being surveyed ("Participants") as well as those conducting surveys ("Users").
Personal information we collect:
- When Users register for Precision Polling: If you are a SurveyMonkey User, you will use your SurveyMonkey account to access the PP Service. If you do not have a SurveyMonkey account when signing up for the PP Service, you will be required to register for an account. We may also ask you for additional demographic information (e.g. timezones and business names) to supplement information already associated with your SurveyMonkey account for use in connection with the PP Service. Submission of such information is voluntary, but without it you may not be able to use any features of the PP Service which require that information.
- When Users create a phone list: When Users submit phone lists to us for the purpose of setting up and conducting a survey, we store such phone numbers and, if supplied to us, names and demographic information of third parties who will be participating in the survey. We regard such Participant information as confidential.
- When Participants respond to a Precision Polling survey: If a User has included, as part of a survey, questions which ask for personal information from Participants, we may collect that information from Participants on a User's behalf. In addition, Users may have their own privacy policies that apply to surveys created using our services and which detail how such Users handle personal information. A Participant's submission of personal information in response to a Precision Polling survey question is voluntary, and Participants may opt out of responding to a Precision Polling survey at any time. However, by responding with their personal information, Participants consent to providing their personal information to us for the purpose of delivering our services to Users.
How we use personal information:
- To provide and improve Precision Polling: We may use personal information and survey data internally in order to deliver and improve the PP Service, to improve the Precision Polling user interface and to maintain a consistent and reliable user experience.
Who we disclose your personal information to:
- We safeguard and treat as confidential all survey data and individually identifiable information relating to Precision Polling Users and Participants, as well information relating to the contents or results of any particular survey. However, no electronic data is 100% secure, nor are Internet transmissions 100% secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee that survey data, which may or may not include individually identifiable information, can never be accessed or retrieved by individuals who are not authorized by us to do so.
- However, we may disclose aggregate information about Users, Participants and surveys. In such cases, we do not release any information that would specifically identify a Participant or his or her survey responses, or a User. For example, we may disclose information about the size of the average phone list for a 5-question survey, but we would not disclose the actual phone numbers dialed, the contents of the survey, or the results of the survey. We may also disclose the total number of calls that have been made using the PP Service during the past week, but we would not disclose the actual phone numbers dialed.
- Answering surveys: Answering any Precision Polling survey is voluntary.
- Opting out of communications about Precision Polling: SurveyMonkey allows Users to opt in and opt out of different types of emails about the PP Services. If you are a User and wish to opt out, you can do this by either logging into your account and accessing the "Email Settings" page, contacting us through our Help Center via email at , or following any unsubscribe instructions included in the emails we send to you.
- Closing your account: Precision Polling Users may close their account at any time by contacting .
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this PP Privacy Statement at any time. Changes to this PP Privacy Statement will be posted at our website at /about/privacy. You should check our website on a regular basis for any such changes. If we decide to change this PP Privacy Statement in a way that materially impacts the way in which we handle previously collect individually identifiable information, we will post a prominent change notice on the Precision Polling website and, if necessary, seek opt-in consent from affected individuals.
Where we deem it appropriate, we may also notify you by email of changes so that you continue to be aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it in relation to the PP Service.